Home / Updates Best Sexologist Doctor to Consult for Erectile Dysfunction

Sexologist Doctor to consult ED

Erectile dysfunction is when the penis does not get stiff or stays soft for a long time during sexual activity. Most men go through a time when they can’t get an erection, but most of the time, this gets better over time. Erectile dysfunction is more likely to happen to men between the ages of 40 and 70. Studies show that the number of men with complete ED goes up by 15% when they reach 70.

Notably, the damage may become permanent if the men have a disorder or health problem that has been going on for a while. So, it’s essential to see the right Sexologist in Gurgaon to find out what’s wrong and how to fix it. They would do physical and mental tests to determine what was wrong.

How to find the right doctor for an Erection

If a person is worried about erectile dysfunction, they should first talk to their primary care doctor or family doctor. They will be able to examine you, figure out if you have ED, and give you treatments. They will also tell a person which specialist to see if they need more tests to find out what is causing their ED. This could be a urologist, an endocrinologist, or a cardiologist.

A person might want to think about going to a primary care doctor who focuses on male sexual health.

What doctor can help someone who can’t get an erection?

Erectile dysfunction can be diagnosed and treated by your primary care doctor, a urologist, or an endocrinologist. Even though they have different areas of expertise, they will do a physical exam and ask about your health history.

Primary care doctor

Most of the time, primary care physicians (PCPs) are the first point of contact with the healthcare system for Ayurvedic Erectile Dysfunction Treatment in Gurgaon. They are trained to diagnose many health problems, so they are a great place to start if you are worried about your health.

Your primary care doctor (PCP) will probably ask you some questions about your symptoms and past health. Some examples of questions they might ask are:

  • Do you take any medicines or supplements right now? What are they, if so?
  • Do you use illicit drugs?
  • Do you have any long-term health problems?
  • Do you drink alcohol or smoke?
  • Do you work out often?
  • Explain what’s wrong with your erections.

Most likely, they will also give you a physical exam. Doctors often listen to your heart and check your blood pressure. They also look at your testicles, penis, and prostrate to see if there are any problems.

People often use blood and urine tests to check their cholesterol, triglycerides, blood sugar, testosterone, and other things.

If you need to see a specialist for your ED, your PCP can refer you to one.


If you need help with diagnosis or treatment, your primary care doctor (PCP) may send you to a urologist.

A doctor specializing in the male reproductive system and urinary tract is called a urologist. Diseases of the urinary tract, urethra, prostate, and pelvic muscles, including cancer, kidney stones, incontinence, and infection, are also treated.

Urologists have more extensive training to address complex erection problems, including some that require surgery, so they may ask you some of the same questions as your primary care physician. Even if it’s hard to talk about your sexual health with your doctor, it’s best to be as open and honest as possible so they can help you better.

When you go to the Sexologist doctor in Gurgaon, think of a few questions to ask, like: Is this condition temporary?

  • What’s making it happen?
  • What kinds of treatments are there?
  • How long until I start to feel better?
  • Does the treatment have any side effects?

In addition to the tests your primary care doctor does, your urologist may also use a penile ultrasound, blood tests to check hormone levels, and Nocturnal Penile Tumescence (NPT).

NPT is a test that you do overnight. It uses sensors to see if you have unintentional erections while sleeping, which are very common and normal.

A urologist may also do a digital rectal exam to determine if there are any problems with the prostate. Don’t worry; these usually only make you feel slightly wrong.

A urologist can prescribe medication, perform surgery, or insert implants to treat erectile dysfunction (ED).


A doctor who specializes in the endocrine system is called an endocrinologist. In other words, a specialist in hormones.

Suppose your erectile dysfunction is caused by a disease of the endocrine system, like diabetes or hypogonadism (when your body doesn’t make enough testosterone). In that case, your primary care doctor may refer you to an endocrinologist for Ayurvedic Erectile Dysfunction Treatment in Gurgaon.

If diabetes is the cause of your inability to get or keep an erection, the endocrinologist may give you 25, 50, or 100 mg of sildenafil.

If your testosterone levels are low, an endocrinologist may put you on hormone replacement therapy.

Before you knock on the doctor’s door, you should look at the clinic and the doctor’s experience and credentials. You will find that a good Sexologist in Gurgaon at Gautam Clinic can help you improve your sexual stamina and performance. They can also help you get pregnant in a few weeks or months.